Remove “Windows 10 Creators Update is on Its Way” Message
Windows 10 Creators update is free for all users as before and it comes with different new features like 3D Paint Application. Support of 3D content has added. Now you can give shape to your imaginations. Cortana is now supporting more Apps than before. You can watch and play games through Built-In Broadcasters, read books from Windows Store. and much more features in this update.
Now every user of Windows 10 Creators update is getting the message in their Settings of System that
“Good news! The Windows 10 Creators Update is on its way. Want to be one of the first to get it?”
This is the good message because you can now enjoy more advanced and new features of your Windows but, If you are not really interested in updating your current Windows build because your System has limited resources or your disk space is already full or your RAM is not enough to run the latest OS fast as required or any other reason, so these kind of messages and pop-ups are of no use and seems pesky for sure to you. That’s why in this article, you can have the way to remove “Windows 10 Creators Update is on Its Way” message from the Settings of your System.
Solution (Through Registry Editor)
You can stay away from getting the update message by just doing a few steps in your Registry Editor window. This solution is provided by Microsoft for those who do not want to upgrade their OS to the latest one due to some reasons.
- Press the “Window key +R” to open the Run dialog. And write the “regedit.exe” in its writing area and press OK.
- The Registry Editor window will open in front of you shortly. Now you need to go to following Key.
- Create a new 32-bit DWORD value by right-clicking in the right-hand window’s white area and name the value HideMCTLink, its value should be 1.
If you are using 64-bit Windows then you only need to create 32-bit DWORD value. If you are using 32-bit Windows then you have to create both 32-bit and 64-bit DWORD values with same name and value data.
- Now close the window of the Registry Editor. Refresh your System once. And open Settings now. You will see that message of the update will no longer be available to you.
How to get Update Message back
If you have changed your mind or your System is now having enough resources and space to upgrade to the latest build, you can Restore the message back in your Settings panel. It is not an issue, you can have it back by doing simple steps.
Again open the Registry Editor window by typing the “Regedit.exe” in the Run menu. And go to the following key in the Registry Editor.
And in the right-hand window, right-click on the value of HideMCTLink and select the “delete” option.
After deleting, close the Registry Editor window. Refresh your System once. Go to the Settings\Update and Security. Now you will again have the same message of an update as you were having it before.
So by doing little tweak with your Registry, you can remove the message of Creator Update. Or again can have it back if you need it. I hope you understand the above solution and can apply it easily to remove the update message from your System’s Settings section. Thank you.
Must Read Articles:
- Get Back Command Prompt in Windows 10 Creators Update (Under Win+X Menu)
- Administrative Templates (.admx) for Windows 10 Creators Update
- Download Cumulative Update KB4020102 for Windows 10 Creators Update (Version 1703 Build 15063.332)
- 2 Ways to Disable All the Settings of Windows 10 Taskbar
- 2 Ways To Fix “Encrypt Contents To Secure Data” Option Grayed Out In Windows 10