Remote Server Administration Tools, commonly known as RSAT, is a Windows toolkit which makes it easy for users to administer Windows Server from a Windows client machine. When RSAT tools are installed, the users get the same administration tools which they get in Windows Server.
The tools include Server Manager, Microsoft Management Console MMC, Windows PowerShell Cmdlets, DHCP tools, Network Policy Server tools, Routing and Remote access tools, IP address Management tools etc.
Remote Server Administration Tools are an absolute must for Windows Server administrators. The RSAT tools were not available for Windows 10. The administrators would have been waiting for these tools to be released by Microsoft. The latest RSAT tools for Windows 10 can be used to administer Windows Server 2016 which is still in Technical Preview.
There are certain roles that RSAT tools for Windows 10 can’t manage including the following:
- DHCP Tools. Dhcpmgmt.msc is not available in this release of RSAT, but equivalent Windows PowerShell cmdlets are available.
- IP Address Management (IPAM) Tools. IPAM tools are not available in this release of RSAT.
- Network Policy Server Tools. The NPS console is not supported on a Windows client-based operating system, and will be removed from future releases of RSAT.
- Routing and Remote Access Tools. Routing and Remote Access Tools that are GUI-based cannot be used for remote configuration in this release of RSAT, but the equivalent Windows PowerShell cmdlets are available.
The RSAT tools can only be installed on Windows 10 Pro and Enterprise versions. Currently these tools are only available for en-US English language. If you have installed Windows 10 in another language, you will need to make sure that en-US is also installed in your system as an additional language.
To install the language pack, on the Start screen –> Settings –> Time and language –> Region and language, and then click Add a language. Click English, and then select English (United States). When you are finished, close the Settings dialog box.
You will also need to remove all the previous versions of RSAT tools before installing the Remote Administration Tools for Windows 10.
Must Read Articles:
- Download Remote Server Administrator Tools (RSAT) For Windows All Versions
- Windows 10 Version 1607 Anniversary Update Direct Download Links (All Languages)
- Download Windows 10 Version 1903 Enterprise Edition Now
- Windows 10 Version 1703 Language Packs Direct Download Links
- Windows 10 Language Packs Direct Download Links