Skype is one of the most popular instant messaging apps on the Internet. There used to be Yahoo Messenger and Microsoft’s Windows Live Messenger but when Microsoft bought Skype, Skype became the defacto app for communicating online whether it be text messaging or voice chat.
Skype 188.8.131.52 has recently been released and is available for download. If you have already installed Skype and check for updates, it will say that you are already on the latest version of Skype although it will be Skype 6.13 and not 6.14. To start using Skype 6.14 instantly, you will need to download and upgrade it separately. The download from Skype update may be available soon.
The latest version of Skype 6.14 comes with a few stability improvements and bug fixes. The most interesting new feature is that if you are a Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 user, you will be able to use spell-checking and auto-correction functionality within Skype. Both these options are controlled by Windows 8/8.1 and not Skype. You can turn these options off by going to Charms bar (Windows Key + C) –> Settings –> Change PC Settings –> PC & Devices –> Typing and turn off the following two options:
- Autocorrect misspelled words
- Highlight misspelled words
This is especially handy when you are talking in some other language than the standard one.
Download Skype 184.108.40.206
Must Read Articles:
- Skype 7.6 Offline Installer Direct Download Links
- Skype 7.1 Full Installer Direct Download Links
- Download Skype 7.40 Offline Installer For All Operating Systems
- Download Skype 8.33 Offline Installer For All Operating Systems
- Download Skype 7.39 Offline Installer For All Operating Systems