Google controls more than half of Internet traffic. Most people rely on Google services especially Google Search, image search and Youtube to find the stuff they need. This is why Google is very important for every blogger. The organic traffic from Google is the single most important source of traffic for every blogger.
If you have just started your own blog and have done everything right, it will take a few days or even a few weeks for Google to find and index your blog posts. Most bloggers create an account in Google Webmaster Tools and submit the sitemaps in order for Google to find their blogs quickly.
But the fact is that Google will only start crawling the pages until it sees some links pointing to your blog. So you will need to write something that gets attracted by some established sites and they link back to you in recognition. Otherwise, you may want to build links by yourself by guest posting on reputable sites in your niche.
Another easier method to get your blog indexed immediately by Google is the Fetch as Google function. This tool allows the user to fetch a URL as Google bot. This makes sure that Google can access, crawl and index your site.
Fetch as Google returns the following information:
- The HTTP response returned by your server
- The date and time of your crawl request
- HTML code
You can submit 500 single URLs per week or 10 URLs with all links included per week.
Indexing the blog posts instantly in Google
- Open Google Webmaster Tools and select your site.
- In the left hand menu, go to Crawl –> Fetch as Google
- Enter your blog’s URL or any other URL which you want to index quickly. If you want to index the homepage, leave the field blank.
- Press the Fetch button.
- You will need to wait a few moments until the fetch status turns to Success from Pending. This will be done automatically without refreshing GWT page.
- Now Click on Submit to index button in front of the URL.
- You will need to select from two options: either Google should index a single URL or URL with all linked pages. If you have just started blogging, you should select the second option.
Now wait for five minutes and then go to google.com and search for your domain with site: operator. For example, for itechtics.com, I will search as:
This will display all the indexed pages of your domain which should also include the URL which we have submitted above.
Must Read Articles:
- How To Rank Higher In Google Search With A Mobile Friendly Site
- Search Anonymously On Google Using Disconnect Search
- 2 Ways to Keep Google Chrome History Forever
- How to Use Notepad++ to Find Text in All Files of a Folder
- Google Chrome 66 Offline Installers For All Operating Systems