While Windows 11 is about to be released on 5th October 2021, as per Microsoft’s announcement, they have also been working on a new version of Windows 10, which will be called v21H2. The 21 in the version name depicts the year 2021, while the H2 represents the second half of the year it is going to be released in.
Windows 10 v21H2 Release Date
Microsoft intends to release Windows 10 version 21H2 in November 2021. They have already released the Release Preview ISO image and believe that it will be the final version for the stable release as well.
Since Windows 11 requires some significant hardware requirements, not everyone will be able to update it. Therefore, Microsoft plans to give something to the other users that are unable to get their hands on Windows 11.
Microsoft has announced that Windows 10 will continue to receive updates until 14 October 2025. This gives some time for users stuck on Windows 10 to update their hardware to match the requirements for Windows 11.
What’s new in Windows 10 v21H2
Windows 10 v21H2 has not been released to a stable channel as of yet. However, Microsoft has been releasing its updates to the Release Preview channel for Windows insiders.
Windows 10 v21H2 is likely to be activated by Microsoft through a feature update, where all the new features are mostly already hidden within your system and just waiting to be activated by a Windows update. This method makes the updates quicker and convenient for the user to install.
Here is a list of the new improvements anticipated in Windows 10 v21H2:
- WPA3 H2E standard support has been added for enhanced Wi-Fi security.
- Windows Hello for Business supports simplified passwordless deployment models to achieve a deploy-to-run state rather quickly.
- GPU compute support has been integrated into the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) and Azure IoT Edge for Linux on Windows (EFLOW) deployments for machine learning and other compute intensive workflows.
Download Windows 10 v21H2
If you want to gain access to Windows 10 v21H2 right now, you can subscribe to the Release Preview channel for Windows insiders, or you can download an ISO image directly from Microsoft’s website and perform a clean installation.
To download the Windows 10 v21H2 ISO file, open Windows Insiders preview downloads and sign in using your Microsoft credentials registered with the Windows Insider Program.
Then, scroll down and select Windows 10 Insider Preview (Release Preview Channel) Build 19044.1237 from the drop-down menu beneath Select edition, and then click Confirm.
Now, select the language that you want to download it in, and then click Confirm.
Your download will now automatically start.
Once downloaded, you can create an installation media and then perform a clean installation on your computer.
Note: We will update this post with direct download links to Windows 10 Version 21H2 once it is released by Microsoft. Stay tuned and keep visiting itechtics.com.
Some users may not be able to get their hands on Windows 11 instantly. However, you will still have time to upgrade your system while simultaneously enjoying new fixes and features in Windows 10 that are to be released in the upcoming years.
- Download and Install Windows 10 v21H2 November 2021
- How To Fix New Windows 10 Insider Preview Builds Not Available On Windows Update
- Download Windows 11 Build 22000.168 ISO (KB5005191) With New Microsoft Store
- Microsoft releases Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20277 and 21277 from different branches
- How To Go Back From Windows 11 Insider Preview To Stable Build