Windows 10 Version 1809 Update is releasing on 2nd October 2018. The latest update brings improvements in many areas of Windows 10. Most of the improvements are related to productivity and gaming. This feature release is called Windows 10 October 2018 Update. The codename for this version of Windows is Redstone 5. Although we will not see Windows 10 October 2018 Update written anywhere in the versioning tools inside Windows, the version no. will be displayed as 1809 which refers to as October 2018. The initial build number of this release would be 10.0.17763.1.
- 1 New features to look for in Windows 10 Version 1809
- 2 Windows 10 version 1809 Download and Installation
- 3 Windows 10 Version 1809 direct download links
- 3.1 Download Windows 10 Version 1809 ISO files
- 3.2 Download Windows 10 Enterprise Version 1809 ISO files
- 3.3 Download Windows 10 Version 1809 Business Volume ESD Files (Enterprise, Enterprise N, Education, Education N, Pro, Pro N)
- 3.4 Download Windows 10 Version 1809 Consumer Retail ESD Files (Home, Home N, Education, Education N, Pro, Pro N)
- 4 How to convert ESD files to ISO
- 5 Windows 10 Version 1809 end of life
- 6 Windows 10 Version 1809 product keys
- 7 Upgrading to Windows 10 Version 1809 may break Wi-fi connectivity
You can check out your current version of Windows by going to Run –> winver. This will show you the version and build no. of installed Operating System.
New features to look for in Windows 10 Version 1809
In an earlier article, we have already discussed the new features of Windows 10 October 2018 Update in detail. Here we will list down the major features and improvements in this feature release:
- The clipboard feature has been enhanced with cloud clipboard capabilities which takes the clipboard on multiple devices. And now Windows also saves clipboard history which can be called by using Windows key + V keyboard shortcut.
- Microsoft has introduced dark mode for Microsoft Apps including File Explorer.
- SwiftKey keyboard is the improved version of on-screen keyboard which will let you use keyboard on devices which do not have physical keyboards attached.
- Game mode and game bar have been enhanced with more customization options.
- The new version of Windows 10 comes with better integration with Android phones.
- Now users will be able to install fonts for themselves. Or the admin can install fonts for all users.
- The snipping tool has got new features. This tool will let you capture and annotate screenshots with ease.
Windows 10 version 1809 Download and Installation
There are a few methods of downloading and installing the latest version of Windows. If you have already installed Windows 10 Version 1803, you will get the latest version 1809 through Windows Update automatically.
If you do not get the update from Windows Update or want to clean install Windows 10 Version 1809, then you can use one of the methods given below to automatically download and install Windows.
Download Windows 10 Version 1809 using Update Assistant
If you are already using Windows 10 Version 1803, this is the easiest method to upgrade to 1809 right now. Follow the steps given below to upgrade your Operating System.
- Download Windows Update Assistant from here [6 MB]
- Run the executable and click on Update Now button.
- The assistant will check compatibility of Version 1809 with your hardware. This should be fine because there are no changes in system requirements of October 2018 Update.
- Click the Next button to start the download. It will take some time for the download to complete and then installation will start automatically.
The system may ask you to restart for proceeding with the installation.
Download Windows 10 Version 1809 using Windows Media Creation Tool
If you want to do a new installation of Windows 10 Version 1803 then you can download Windows 10 Version 1803 ISO file using Windows Media Creation tool. This will will automatically download Windows and create a bootable media like USB or DVD for you. Follow the steps below:
- Download Windows 10 Media Creation tool from here.
- Accept the License Agreement.
- Select Create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) for another PC. The first option of Upgrade PC now will do the same thing as Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant.
- Select Language, Edition and Architecture from the next screen.
- Select the installation media or if you haven’t plugged in the USB flash drive or DVD, you may download the bootable ISO file.
If you would like to download Windows 10 1809 ISO files instead of installing directly on the computer, you can download the ISO files using the methods given below:
Download Windows 10 Version 1809 ISO files
Windows 10 Version 1809 ISO files can be downloaded from the direct download links given below. We ISO links are for English language only. If you want any other language, you may download the ESD files below and convert them to ISO.
Win10_1809_English_x64.iso (4.5 GiB, 23,905 hits)
Win10_1809_English_x86.iso (3.3 GiB, 4,806 hits)
Download Windows 10 Enterprise Version 1809 ISO files
If you want to evaluate Windows 10 right now, then best way to test it would be to install Windows 10 Enterprise version 1809. You can download the ISO files by following the steps below:
- Go to Windows 10 Enterprise Evaluations page.
- Select ISO – Enterprise and press Continue button. (ISO – LTSB is for people who don’t want Windows to be updated frequently)
- Enter your details like name, email address and phone no and press Next.
- Select 32-bit or 64-bit platform and then select the language. Windows 10 Enterprise is available in English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese and Spanish.
- Click the Download button
This will start downloading the ISO media file to your computer. The ISO size will be around 4 GB.
You can either use the above option to download Windows 10 October 2018 Update or use the following links to download ESD files to your computer. These ESD files need to be converted to ISO files for installing them to your computer. We will discuss about how to convert ESD files to ISO files after sharing the direct download links for Windows 10 Version 1809 ESD files.
Download Windows 10 Version 1809 Business Volume ESD Files (Enterprise, Enterprise N, Education, Education N, Pro, Pro N)
Download Windows 10 Version 1809 Consumer Retail ESD Files (Home, Home N, Education, Education N, Pro, Pro N)
How to convert ESD files to ISO
We have already written a separate article on how to convert ESD file to ISO. Basically, we will use Dism++ utility to convert the files. It is as easy as starting the app, giving source and destination files and sit n wait until your ISO file is ready.
I am getting the error “The specified buffer contains ill-formed data”? What should I do?
This error comes most probably because the file has not been downloaded completely. You will need to download the ESD file again and make sure the download is complete before you can use the ESD file to convert to ISO.
Windows 10 Version 1809 end of life
Microsoft releases a new feature version of Windows 10 every 6 months and each version is supported for a period of 18 months or 1.5 years. This means that Windows 10 Version 1809 will be supported until March 2020 when it reaches its end of life from Microsoft.
Windows 10 Version 1809 product keys
Windows 10 Version 1809 can be installed without a product key. The user is given about 5 days to use Windows without restrictions. After the trial period expires, most of the customization features will be disabled until you give a valid product key. You may try to extend the trial period using these product keys.
Upgrading to Windows 10 Version 1809 may break Wi-fi connectivity
If you have saved Wifi keys, after this upgrade, Windows may seem to forget the saved keys. You should restart your computer twice after upgrade and Windows will be able to remember the saved keys. If you still have issues with network connectivity, you may run the Windows 10 network troubleshooter by going to Settings –> Update & Security –> Troubleshoot –> Network Adapter –> Run the troubleshooter.
You can also fix Wifi issues by resetting the network components by going to Settings –> Network & Internet –> Status –> Network Reset.
If you encounter any other issues related to Windows 10 October 2018 Update, please let us know through comments below and we will try to update this article as new solutions are discovered.
Must Read Articles:
- Windows 10 Version 1803 April Update [ISO/ESD] Direct Download Links (All Languages)
- Windows 10 Version 1607 Anniversary Update Direct Download Links (All Languages)
- Windows 10 Version 1709 Fall Creators Update [ISO/ESD] Direct Download Links (All Languages)
- Windows 10 Language Packs Direct Download Links
- Windows 10 Version 1703 Creators Update Direct Download Links (All Languages)