Microsoft has now released Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25126.1000 to the Dev channel. Since Microsoft has already hinted at the Windows 11 22H2 release schedule, it is safe to say that this flight in the Dev channel will potentially be a part of Windows 11 23H2.
Windows 11 build 25126 includes a few fixes for the operating system but also improves the Settings app experience. It now integrates Microsoft 365 Office products licensed with your account and displays the information on the Accounts Settings page.
Let us now continue to see all the improvements in this release.
Table of contents
New in Windows 11 Build 25126
Improvements to Accounts Settings Page
As we highlighted above in this post, the Accounts Settings page will now include details about your Microsoft 365 Office subscriptions. With this flight, Microsoft is making it easier for you to view all supported Office perpetual products such as Office 2021 or Office 2019 associated with your account within Settings >> Accounts.
Note that this feature is only beginning to roll out, therefore may not be available to all Insiders at the moment.
Other Improvements and Fixes
Other changes and fixes have also been made with this flight:
- An issue causing some Insiders to experience a bugcheck with the error DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL in PCI.sys causing a rollback trying to install the latest builds in the Dev Channel has been fixed.
- Some work has been done to mitigate the issue causing the Program Compatibility Assistant Service to use an unexpectedly large amount of CPU for some Insiders after upgrading to the latest Insider Preview builds in the Dev Channel.
- [Start Menu]
- If the touch keyboard is docked it should no longer unexpectedly dismiss when trying to edit the name of a folder in Start.
- A high-hitting explorer.exe crash that could happen when using Search has been addressed.
- The preview image under Personalization >> Lock Screen should no longer be backward when using an Arabic or Hebrew display language.
- [Task Manager]
- If explorer.exe has hung, that should no longer hang Task Manager.
- An issue where the context menus weren’t following the same mode (light or dark) as Task Manager itself for some Insiders has been fixed.
- Fixed a typo in the “Minimize on use” tooltip.
- If you’ve hidden the graphs on the side of the Performance page, the color of the circles used instead should now match the graph in the summary view.
- An issue where the “Not Responding” status for certain apps wasn’t being reflected on the Processes page has been fixed.
- [Windows Sandbox]
- Removed the Lock option in the Start menu as it didn’t work.
- An issue where using “Open All Active Printers” from the printer icon in the system tray would unexpectedly open File Explorer when there were no active queues has been addressed.
With these new features, improvements, and fixes, there are also several new known issues we think you should know about before upgrading to this build.
- Some games that use Easy Anti-Cheat may crash or cause your PC to bugcheck.
- [Live captions]
- When using certain apps in full-screen mode (e.g., video players), live captions may not appear.
- If some apps are positioned near the top of the screen and closed before live captions run, they will re-launch behind the live captions window positioned at the top. If you experience these issues, use the system menu (ALT + Spacebar) while the app has focus to move the app’s window further down.
How to Install Windows 11 Build 25126
To install this update, you need to be running Windows 11 and subscribed to the Dev channel. If you have enabled Windows updates, you will automatically get a “New features are ready to install” prompt.
If not, follow these steps to install Preview Build 25126:
Navigate to the Settings app and then click Windows Update on the left.
Here, click Check for updates on the right side of the window.
You will then see the following update available under Updates available to download:
Windows 11 Insider Preview 25126.1000 (rs_prerelease)
Click Download and install in front of it.
The update will now begin to download and then install. Once complete, click Restart Now.
Once the computer restarts, you can verify that the OS has been updated by typing in winver in the Run Command box.
Rollback/Remove Windows 11 Insider Preview Update
If you do not wish to keep the installed preview update for some reason, you can always roll back to the previous build of the OS. However, this can only be performed within the next 10 days after installing the new update.
To roll back after 10 days, you will need to apply this trick.
Cleanup After Installing Windows Updates
If you want to save space after installing Windows updates, you can run the following commands one after the other in Command Prompt with administrative privileges:
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /AnalyzeComponentStore
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
Windows 11 Insider Preview updates history
|Build||Release Date||Features added|
|Windows 11 Build 25227||19-Oct-22||Improvements to Windows Update management, pop-up trailer preview in Microsoft Store, monoline icons in widgets board.|
|Windows 11 Build 25217||6-Oct-22||Supports third-party widgets, new video calling experience in the taskbar, Simplified Chinese IME cloud suggestions, and Microsoft Store improvements|
|Windows 11 Build 25211||29-Sep-22||New Widget Settings and Widget Picker, New Outlook for Windows experience, Task Manager in the taskbar context menu|
|Windows 11 Build 25206||21-Sep-22||SMB authentication rate limiter and dynamic refresh rate|
|Windows 11 Build 25201||14-Sep-22||Expandable widgets board and sign-in option in Game Pass widget|
|Windows 11 Build 25197||8-Sep-22||Tablet-optimized taskbar restored, animated icons introduced in the Settings app, system tray icons updated|
|Windows 11 Build 25193||1-Sep-22||New Braille support for Narrator and Xbox subscription management from the Settings app|
|Windows 11 Build 25188||24-Aug-22||Intelligent touch keyboard when the physical keyboard detached|
|Windows 11 Build 25169||28-Jul-22||Added App lockdown feature|
|Windows 11 Build 25126||25-May-22||Improved account settings page|
|Windows 11 Build 25120||18-May-22||Added search widget on Desktop/|
|Windows 11 Build 25115||11-May-22||Added suggested actions feature|
|Windows 11 Build 22616||5-May-22||Improved Xbox controller bar|
|Windows 11 Build 22598||13-Apr-22||Improved Windows Media Player, Windows Spotlight default background|
|Windows 11 Build 22593||6-Apr-22||Homepage to Windows Explorer|
|Windows 11 Build 22579||18-Mar-22||Allows naming start menu folders|
|Windows 11 Build 22572||9-Mar-22||Introducing Microsoft Family and Clipchamp|
|Windows 11 Build 22567||2-Mar-22||Smart App Control, Focuses On Renewable Energy|
|Windows 11 Build 22557||16-Feb-22||Folders of pinned apps, DnD, Focus, Live captions, quick access to Android apps, pin files to Quick Access, and more.|