Microsoft has officially released Windows 11, a new era for computers, as they claim. You can download and install Windows 11 in different languages using the direct download links provided below, or upgrade directly from your previous version of Windows 10.
You can install Windows 11 on your computer in a number of ways. There are, however, certain prerequisites that must be met before Windows 11 can be successfully installed. The system hardware should meet certain minimum requirements before Windows 11 can be installed on your device.
The following guide details the steps required to install Windows 11 on your PC step-by-step.
ISO files can be downloaded and used to create bootable media, such as USBs and DVDs to pYou can download ISO files to create bootable media, such as USBs and DVDs, to perform fresh and clean installations. Here is a step-by-step guide that will show you how to download and install Windows 11.
Download Windows 11 ISO files
The first step is to obtain the ISO file for Windows 11. It can be accomplished through three methods: Using the direct links provided below, via Microsoft’s official website, or through the Windows 11 Media Creation Tool.
Click on any of the 3 links given below to download Windows 11 ISO images in either English, German, or French.
Windows 11 64-bit English ISO (5.1 GiB, 267 hits)
Windows 11 64-bit German ISO (5.1 GiB, 78 hits)
Windows 11 64-bit French ISO (5.1 GiB, 85 hits)
Your download should begin immediately once you click on the link given.
These ISO files include the following editions of Windows 11:
- Windows 11 Home
- Windows 11 Home N
- Windows 11 Home Single Language
- Windows 11 Education
- Windows 11 Education N
- Windows 11 Pro
- Windows 11 Pro Education
You will have the option to select the edition during the Windows 11 installation.
Download Windows 11 ISO from Microsoft website
You can also download a Windows 11 ISO file directly from Microsoft’s website, with even more language options. You can download the operating system in any of the following 37 languages:
- Brazilian Portuguese
- Chinese Simplified
- Chinese Traditional
- English International
- French Canadian
- Serbian Latin
- Spanish (Mexico)
Here is how:
- Open Microsoft’s Windows 11 download page.
- Scroll down the page and select Windows 11 from the drop-down menu under Download Windows 11 Disk Image (ISO) and then click Download.
- Next, select the language you wish to download Windows 11 from the drop-down menu under Select the product language, then click Confirm.
- Now, click the 64-bit download button, and your WIndows 11 ISO download should now begin.
Download Windows 11 ISO using Media Creation Tool
Microsoft’s Media Creation Tool (MCT) allows you to create bootable devices as well as download standalone ISO images of their operating systems. Microsoft has also introduced a Media Creation Tool for Windows 11 that you can use to download a Windows 11 ISO file. Here is how:
- Download the Windows 11 Media Creation tool and then run the file.
- You will now see a new window for MCT. Accept the license terms.
- On the next screen, verify the pre-determined details for the machine you are downloading the ISO for. If you are downloading the ISO file to another computer, we suggest that you uncheck the box next to “Use the recommended options for this PC” and select the language you wish to download Windows 11 in. Click Next when you are sure of the selected options from the drop-down menu.
- Now select the ISO file radio button only to download the file and click Next.
- You will now need to choose where you wish to download the ISO image. Select a volume with ample free/available space and click Save. MCT will now begin your download.
- Once the download finishes, click Finish. You may find that the software then performs a setup cleanup. You can ignore this and let it run in the background.
Now that you have downloaded the Windows 11 ISO image, you may proceed to the next phase: Creating a bootable device.
How to Create bootable Windows 11 drive
Creating a bootable device out of an ISO image is relatively easy. You can create a bootable USB drive as well as a DVD. However, we suggest that you create a USB drive as it is usually more convenient.
Learn how to create a multi-boot USB flash drive with multiple ISO files using Ventoy.
Let us show you how to create a bootable USB flash drive for Windows 11:
- To begin, plug in your USB flash drive (at least 8GB) to your computer and make sure that all your data on the USB is backed up, since it requires formatting where all previous data is lost.
- Now, download Rufus from their website and install it on your computer. Alternatively, you can also download the portable version which does not need any installation.
- Once downloaded, run Rufus. Select the USB flash drive from the drop-down menu under Device. Then, click Select under Boot selection and navigate to the downloaded Windows 11 ISO file. Leave the rest of the settings to their default values and click Start.
- Your Windows 11 bootable USB drive will now be in the making. This step may take a few minutes. Once it is finished, Ready will be displayed with a green bar. You may then close the app.
Your bootable drive is now ready and you may proceed to the installation phase using the guide given below.
Install Windows 11 using ISO image file
You can now begin installing Windows 11. Here is how:
- First, ensure that your system meets all hardware requirements for Windows 11.
- Once ensured, connect the Windows 11 bootable USB drive to the computer you want to install it on. Then turn on/reboot the computer and open its One Time Boot menu (Usually through F12, F10, or Esc button).
- From there, select External USB drive to boot from the bootable USB.
- You will now see a menu such as the one below. Click Next.
- Next, click Install Now.
- On the next screen, click I don’t have a product key. Even if you do have one, you can activate the product later after installation.
- Now, select the edition that you want to install on this device. When selected, click Next.
- On the next window, check the box to accept the license agreement and click Next.
- You will now be asked whether you want to upgrade the existing OS or perform a custom installation. Since this is a clean and fresn Windows 11 installation, we will be selecting Custom.
- Next, you need to create the partitions on your hard drive. Once done, select the volume you wish to install the operating system on and click Next.
- Windows 11 will now begin installing on your device. This step may take a few minutes and your device may reboot a few times. Further ahead in the process, you will be asked to specify your country. Select from the options and click Yes.
- You will then be asked to select a keyboard layout. Select the one that is right for you and click Yes.
If you want, you can add a second keyboard layout on the next screen.
- Now, you can connect your device to the internet (if you’d like), or click I don’t have internet if you’d rather not.
You will have to click Continue with limited setup on a confirmation if you previously opted not to connect your device to the internet right now.
- Next, provide a name for the user account to be created on this device, and click Next.
- On the next screen, provide a password for the username, or you can leave it blank as well and simply click Next.
- Now adjust the privacy settings according to your preference by enabling or disabling an option using the respective slider. Click Next when done.
- Your PC will now begin to setup your device. This may take a few minutes.
Once it finishes, you will be logged into your user account on the all-new Windows 11 PC! You can now begin installing the relevant software and customizing it according to your liking.
How to upgrade to Windows 11
If you do not wish to perform a clean installation of Windows 11, you can also upgrade your current OS to Windows 11 through Windows Update. However, Microsoft is rolling out Windows 11 upgrades, and it may be some time before you receive them. Microsoft says that all Windows 10 eligible devices may receive Windows 11 updates by mid-2022.
We expect all eligible Windows 10 devices to be offered an upgrade to Windows 11 by mid-2022.Microsoft
Microsoft considers several aspects when rolling out an optional Windows 11 update, such as hardware requirements, eligibility, and other reliability factors.
If you want to upgrade your device to Windows 11, you must first meet the minimum system requirements. If your device does qualify, you can then check if you have received a Windows 11 upgrade option by navigating to the following (In Windows 10):
Settings app >> Update & Security >> Windows Update
Here, click Check for updates. When the scan finishes, check to see if you have a notification at the top of the top like the one in the image below:
If you do see it, simply click Download and Install to begin the upgrade process.
For more details on upgrading to Windows 11, read this Microsoft blog post.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to purchase Windows 11?
Currently, you cannot purchase Windows 11 through a license directly. However, you can purchase a device that comes preinstalled with Windows 11 or a Windows 10 device that is eligible for an automatic update.
Can I upgrade my PC to Windows 11?
Yes, you can upgrade it through Windows Update, provided that your system meets the minimum hardware requirements.
How long does it take to download Windows 11?
The Windows 11 ISO file is 5.12 GB in size. It can take anywhere between 30 and 60 minutes to download depending upon your internet speed.
How long will it take to install Windows 11?
Normally it takes 15 to 30 minutes to install Windows 11, depending upon your hardware specifications.
- Windows 10 Media Creation Tool For Version 20H2
- 2 Ways To Create Windows 11 Bootable ISO That Automatically Bypasses TPM, System Requirements
- Download Windows 10 ISO Files (Direct Download Links)
- How To Download Any Windows 10 Version
- How To Install Windows 10 Directly From A System Hard Drive