Java 8 update 131 has been released and is available for download and installation. The new version includes important security fixes and bug fixes. It is recommended that you upgrade your Java version to the latest Update 131 and make sure your computer is safe from exploits and hacks.
See all the new changes that have made in Java 8 update 131 and download the update from the provided Offline Installers for your Operating System.
- 1 Check Your current Java version
- 2 Updating Java from the Java applet
- 3 New Features in Java 8 update 131
- 4 Java 8 Update 131 Offline Installers Direct Download Links
Check Your current Java version
The first thing you should do is to check which Java version you are using on your machine. For this open Command Prompt window ad type
Updating Java from the Java applet
If your Java version isn’t the latest one, you can upgrade it manually from the control panel. If an update is present it will start installing, if not, then pop up a message that your Java version is already updated one.
- Open Control Panel and go to Java.
- Now go to Update tab and click on “Update Now”.
- See it gives you a message that a new update is available, so click on Update to install the update.
- The update will start downloading, it will take 1-2 minute to complete the downloading and installing the Java update.
- After installation completes, a confirmation window will say that your download is successful.
New Features in Java 8 update 131
The Java update contains IANA Time Zone data version 2016j which were previously 2016i.
New restriction is added for JAR files that they should be MD5 signed. If JAR files using MD5 then the signature verification operation will ignore the signature and treat the JAR files as they are unsigned.
The all disabled algorithms are handled via the jdk.jar.disabledAlgorithms security property in the java.security files. All the algorithms are listed down here which are disabled and a list of keys for signed jar files is also mentioned here.
New System Property
Now in Java 8u131 new System Property is added which can now control the caching for HTTP NTLM connection. This property is on by default.
New version of VisualVM
VisualVM 1.3.9 was released on 4th October 2016. And now it is integrated with Java 8u131.
The bugs which were reported in the previous version is now fixed in the Java 8u131.
A new window ordering model is introduced which is implemented in JDK layer.
The issue was reported for TLS servers due to IllegalArgumentException, which is now fixed.
Java 8u131 will expire on July 18, 2017, and the new update will available for sure.
Java 8 Update 131 Offline Installers Direct Download Links
Upgrade Java runtime environment to the latest version and enjoy new features and better performance than before.
Must Read Articles:
- Java 8 Update 141 Offline Installers
- Download Java 8 Update 144 Offline Installers For All Operating Systems
- Download Java 8 Update 171 Offline Installers For All Operating Systems
- Java 8 Update 111 Offline Installers Direct Download Links
- Java 8 Update 121 Offline Installers Download Links