Java 8 Update 65 has been released and is ready for download and installation. If you already have Java installed in your system with automatic updates enabled, your Java updater would have probably updated the system to the latest version of Java. You can check the version of Java installed on your system by using the method we mention in this article below.
Each new version of Java comes with new features as well as security fixes. It is always recommended that you always keep your system updated with the latest software installations.
The importance of Java can be determined from the following statistics:
- 97% of Enterprise Desktops Run Java
- 89% of Desktops (or Computers) in the U.S. Run Java
- 9 Million Java Developers Worldwide
- #1 Choice for Developers
- #1 Development Platform
- 3 Billion Mobile Phones Run Java
- 100% of Blu-ray Disc Players Ship with Java
- 5 Billion Java Cards in Use
- 125 million TV devices run Java
- 5 of the Top 5 Original Equipment Manufacturers Ship Java ME
What’s new in Java 8 Update 65
There are not a lot of new enhancements and features in this release but there are a few bug fixes which were present in the previous version of Java 8. Although there’s nothing much in the updates for a normal user, it is always recommended to update your version of Java to the latest one especially Java has been a victim of many vulnerability attacks in the recent past. You may go through the new features and bug fixes in the Java 8 Update 65 release notes.
How to check which version of Java is installed on your system
If you want to see which version of Java is installed and working on your system, you have to open command prompt and run the following command:
You can also check the version by going to Control Panel –> Java. Click the About button.
Uninstalling outdated versions of Java
If you have an outdated version of Java installed on your system, the setup installer will identify that and will let you uninstall the outdated version immediately during installation.
Must Read Articles:
- Download Java 8 Update 51 Offline Installers
- Download Java 8 Update 66 Offline Installers
- Download Java 8 Update 91 Offline Installers
- Download Java 8 Update 171 Offline Installers For All Operating Systems
- Java 8 Update 191 Offline Installers For All Operating Systems