There are times when we need to know the wifi password which we once entered in our Windows computer. For example, we need to enter the same password in another device. Or worse, we need the password of the wifi router which we aren’t currently connected to.
Find Wifi password in Windows 10
Windows 10 provides a simple way to see the password of the current Wifi connection. Just follow the steps below to see your current wifi password:
- Go to Control Panel –> Network and Internet –> Network and Sharing Center
- Click on the active Wifi connection
- Click on Properties to open Wifi network properties
- Go to Security tab and select Show characters to reveal the current Wifi password
Find all Wifi passwords saved in Windows 10
What if you want to find all the saved Wifi passwords in your Windows computer? There are two ways of finding all the saved Wifi passwords in Windows. Let’s discuss both of them.
Using Windows commands
To see all the Wifi passwords, you will need to run some commands in the command prompt.
- Open command prompt (Windows Key + X + C)
- Run the following command to show all the Wifi profiles saved on your computer:
netsh wlan show profiles
Now run the following command to reveal the Wifi password content of each profile:
netsh wlan show profile name=WifiConnectionName key=clear
Replace WifiConnectionName with the Wifi SSID which you can find from the above mentioned command
Using Wifi password revealer
If you are not comfortable with using the Windows command line, you can use third party software called Magical JellyBean Wifi password revealer which will retrieve all the Wifi passwords saved in Windows.
You just have to download Wifi password revealer, install and run it. There is no configuration required.
You can select any Wifi connection and press Ctrl + Alt + C to copy the password in the clipboard.
Please note that if you are using Windows Server 2003 or Windows XP, the actual Wifi password will not be show but it will be shown in HEX form. The same HEX password can be used to activate Wifi on any other device.
Must Read Articles:
- Fix Limited Or No Connectivity (No Internet Access) In Windows 10
- Remove Windows 10 Product Key From Registry To Make It Invisible
- 4 Ways To Change Network Type In Windows 10 (Public, Private or Domain)
- Check VPN Connection Status From Command Line In Windows
- Unable to allow the editing of networking components VPN Settings Error