I recently installed Google Drive on Windows Server 2012 R2 to have a backup of some important data in real time. The installation went through successfully but when I wanted to sign into my Google account, it would freeze on Sign into Google Drive, One Moment Please. In this article, I will explain how I solved this issue.
I tried my best to solve the issue by restarting the server or running Google Drive as administrator but the application would get stuck on one moment please. Then I thought it would be something related to the Firewall or Internet settings as the same Google Drive installation and Google account were working on Windows 10 machines. I allowed Google Drive both ways from Windows Firewall but of no use. Then I tried to open https://accounts.google.com in Internet Explorer and that is where I found out the actual cause and its solution.
Actually this is not a very big issue. Google makes use of Internet Explorer to sign into Google account. And all the same Internet options are applied when we open Google Drive sign in screen. Windows Server admin hardening requires all the websites to be trusted before being opened in Internet Explorer. So basically we have to add Google accounts URL in trusted sites list in order to make it working inside Google Drive app.
Solving Google Drive Stuck at One Moment Please issue
Just follow the steps below to solve the issue:
- Go to Control Panel –> Internet Options
- Go to Security Tab
- Click on Trusted Sites icon and then Sites button
Add the following URL and click on the Add button
- Restart Google Drive app and you should be able to log into Google Drive without any problems.
If this does not solve the issue, you may add the following URLs too:
Hopefully this will solve the issue. I hope this has been easy solving the issue of Google Drive being stuck at times. Happing syncing and backing up data.
Must Read Articles:
- How to Sync Multiple Google Drive Accounts in Windows 10
- IE6, IE7, IE8, IE9, IE10, IE11 Offline Installers Download Links
- Download Google Drive File Stream Offline Installer For Windows & Mac
- Download Internet Explorer 6 (IE6) Offline Installers With SP1
- How To Disable Security Certificate Not Trusted In Your Browser