.NET Framework 4.7.2 comes pre-installed in Windows 10 Version 1803 which has been released by Microsoft.
While there is no need to install any update to upgrade to Version 1803, for users who are using older versions of Windows 10 like 1709, 1703, and 1607, Microsoft has released a separate update for them so that they can download and install .NET Framework 4.7.2 separately.
.NET Framework 4.7.2 comes with two installers; the web installer and the offline installer. The web installer is the stub installer which will start the download process after it is run, while the offline installer does not require an active internet connection for installation.
You can also check which version of .NET Framework is already installed on your computer.
Let us continue to see what’s new in this release, and then download and install it.
Table of contents
.NET Framework 4.7.2 Changelog
- [ASP.NET] Support for SameSite cookie in ASP.NET
- [ASP.NET] Support for ASP.NET Dependency Injection
- [ClickOnce] Per-monitor support for WPF and HDPI-aware VSTO apps deployed via ClickOnce
- [SQL] Always Encrypted enhancements in SQL Connectivity
- [Networking & BCL] Enhanced .NET Framework support for .NET Standard 2.0
- [BCL] Cryptography improvements
- [WPF] Diagnostic enhancements
If you are a developer and want to go through the complete changelog, you may visit this page for reference.
.NET Framework 4.7.2 Direct Download Links (32 and 64-Bit)
All these links are direct links to the offline installers for Microsoft .Net Framework 4.7.2 and are safe to download. Both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems are supported (except Windows 8.1 RT).
Download .NET Framework 4.7.2 Offline Installer 32/64-bit
Microsoft has also provided language packs for 23 supported languages for .NET Framework 4.7.2. You can select and download the language pack of your choice and run the installer. This will convert the error messages and GUI text of the framework to your desired language.
Download .NET Framework 4.7.2 language packs
If you are a developer, you may download the developer pack from below:
Download .NET Framework 4.7.2 Developer Pack + all other downloads
Read the .NET Framework 4.7.2 announcement with the complete changelog, and its Release Notes.
.NET Framework supports the following operating systems:
Microsoft .Net Framework is supported on the following Microsoft Windows and Server versions:
- Windows 10 April 2018 Update (Comes pre-installed with .NET Framework 4.7.2)
- Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (Comes pre-installed with .NET Framework 4.7.1)
- Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Comes pre-installed with .NET Framework 4.7)
- Windows 10 Creators Update (Comes pre-installed with .NET Framework 4.6.2)
- Windows 8.1 (Comes pre-installed with .NET Framework 4.5.1)
- Windows 7 SP1 (Comes pre-installed with .NET Framework 3.5)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2016
The Microsoft.NET Framework 4.7.2 offline installer is a piece of software that enables the development of XML Web services and other applications.
The old .NET Framework is still the best option for targeting Windows desktop projects like WinForms, WPF, and ASP.NET WebForms programs, even though .NET Core offers cross-platform capability and much more.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.1 Offline Installer [All Languages]
- .NET Framework 4.8 Offline Installers Direct Download Links
- Microsoft .NET framework 4.6.2 Offline Installers Direct Download Links
- Download Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1 Offline Installer
- .NET Framework 4.7 Offline Installers Direct Download Links
I can’t find any tool which can show if I have .NET Framework 4.7.2 installed or not. Is there any tool?
Thank you for pointing out. We can also use WMIC and other command line methods listed in this article: