.NET Framework 4.7.2 comes pre-installed in Windows 10 Version 1803 which has been recently released by Microsoft. While there is no need to install any update for Version 1803 users, the users who are using older versions of Windows 10 like 1709, 1703 and 1607, Microsoft has released a separate update for them so that they can download and install .NET Framework 4.7.2 separately.
You can also check which version of .NET Framework is already installed on your computer.
.NET Framework 4.7.2 comes with two installers, web installer and offline installer. The web installer is the stub installer which will start the download process after it is run while offline installer does not require Internet access for installation.
.NET Framework 4.7.2 Changelog
- [ASP.NET] Support for SameSite cookie in ASP.NET
- [ASP.NET] Support for ASP.NET Dependency Injection
- [ClickOnce] Per-monitor support for WPF and HDPI-aware VSTO apps deployed via ClickOnce
- [SQL] Always Encrypted enhancements in SQL Connectivity
- [Networking & BCL] Enhanced .NET Framework support for .NET Standard 2.0
- [BCL] Cryptography improvements
- [WPF] Diagnostic enhancements
If you are a developer and want to go through the complete changelog, you may visit this page for reference.
.NET Framework supports the following Operating Systems:
Microsoft .Net Framework 4.7.1 is supported on following Microsoft Windows and Server versions.
- Windows 10 April 2018 Update (Comes pre-installed with .NET Framework 4.7.2)
- Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (Comes pre-installed with .NET Framework 4.7.1)
- Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Comes pre-installed with .NET Framework 4.7)
- Windows 10 Creators Update (Comes pre-installed with .NET Framework 4.6.2)
- Windows 8.1 (Comes pre-installed with .NET Framework 4.5.1)
- Windows 7 SP1 (Comes pre-installed with .NET Framework 3.5)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2016
.NET Framework 4.7.2 Direct Download Links
All these links are direct links to the offline installers for Microsoft .Net Framework 4.7.2 and are safe to download. Both 32-bit and 64-bit Operating Systems are supported except Windows 8.1 RT.
For installation on Windows 8.1 RT, download the installer from below:
Microsoft has also provided language packs for 23 supported languages for .NET Framework 4.7.2. You can select and download the language pack of your choice and run the installer. This will convert the error messages and GUI text of the framework to your desired language.
If you are a developer, you may download the developer pack from below:
Must Read Articles:
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.1 Offline Installer [All Languages]
- .NET Framework 4.8 Offline Installers Direct Download Links
- .NET Framework 4.7 Offline Installers Direct Download Links
- Download Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1 Offline Installer
- Download Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6 Offline Installer + Language Packs