With the announcement of Windows 8.1 available for MSDN and TechNet subscribers, Microsoft also made available Visual Studio 2013 RC. The latest release candidate build comes with a 14-day trial. After the trial expires, you will need to sign into the Visual Studio account using your Microsoft ID.
While this is just a Release Candidate version of Visual Studio 2013, Microsoft has announced more details about when the final version of VS2013 will be released. The official release date of Visual Studio 2013 is November 13, 2013. But it will be available for TechNet and MSDN subscribers on October 18.
There are quite a few new features of Visual Studio 2013. The first enhancement is in the XAML editor. The new XAML editor Intellisense for data binding to the XAML editor.
With Visual Studio 2013, developers will be able to develop new cloud based business apps which make use of Office 365 Cloud Business App template.
CodeLens, included in Visual Studio 2013, provides deep contextual insights inline to the source code.
These are just the highlights of features and enhancements to Visual Studio 2013. You may read more about these features here. You can also go through the documentation of Visual Studio 2013 RC. Please note that this documentation only applies to the Preview version.
You can find the following editions of Visual Studio 2013 and download only the one which suits you.
- Visual Studio 2013 Ultimate with MSDN
- Visual Studio 2013 Premium with MSDN
- Visual Studio 2013 Professional with MSDN
- Visual Studio 2013 Test Professional with MSDN
- Team Foundation Server 2013
- Team Foundation Server Express 2013
- Visual Studio Express 2013 for Web
- Visual Studio Express 2013 for Windows Desktop
Please note that Visual Studio 2013 RC does not support Windows 8.1 Preview or Windows Server 2012 R2 Preview. For developing apps for those platforms, you’ll need to download Visual Studio 2013 Preview.
Direct download links for the suites
These are direct download links to the ISO images for different suites of Visual Studio 2013 RC.
These download links are for English language only. If you want to download Visual Studio 2013 RC in any other language, you will need to go to the Microsoft downloads page, select your language and download it in your preferred language. This will most probably trigger the web installer which will download the actual files after running the installer itself. You can also download the language packs of Visual Studio 2013 RC from the same page. This comes in handy if you have already installed one language and want to convert the installation to another language.
Must Read Articles:
- Microsoft Visual Studio All Versions ISO Download Links
- Create and Publish Applications using Visual Studio 2013
- Microsoft SQL Server All Versions Direct Download Links [2008, 2012, 2014, 2016]
- Download Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable (All Versions)
- Download Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6 Offline Installer + Language Packs