With the release of Windows 10 Version 1909, Microsoft has also released the Windows 10 Enterprise ISO files for download. The enterprise version is targeted mainly for IT Pros and enterprise-level customers. But everyone with a Microsoft ID (Hotmail, live.com, outlook.com, etc.) can download and install the enterprise version for free.
But is Windows 10 Enterprise free?
The short answer is No. The ISO for download is an evaluation copy of Windows 10 Enterprise. You can evaluate it for 90 days (extended up to 180 days). After the expiration of the evaluation period, the background of the Desktop will turn black, a notification will appear that this installation of Windows is not genuine and the system will restart after every hour.
Can I buy Windows 10 Enterprise?
The enterprise edition of Windows 10 is specifically designed for medium to large organizations. Normally, a home user or even a small business user doesn’t need the features included in the enterprise edition.
For home users, Windows 10 Pro is recommended which has almost all the features and functionality of enterprise edition with a few exceptions.
Download Windows 10 Enterprise Version 1909 and LTSC 2019
Without wasting any time further, let’s go through the steps about how to download the latest Windows 10 Enterprise Version 1909:
The complete build number of the evaluation version is 18363.418.
- Go to Microsoft’s evaluation center page.
- Under Windows Evaluations / Windows 10 Enterprise, expand Start your evaluation.
- Select your evaluation file type. There are two editions available:
ISO – Enterprise
ISO – LTSC
LTSC is the long term support channel which will be support for a longer period of time.
- Fill in the evaluation form which includes your name, company name, company size, job title, work email address, work phone no., and country. Press the Continue button when you’re done.
- On the next screen, select your platform (32-bit or 64-bit) and then select your language. Windows 10 Enterprise ISO is available in 11 languages.
- Clicking the Download button will start the download immediately. The name of the download file will be displayed as well. For example, I downloaded the EN-US language, 64-bit version of Windows 10 Enterprise and I got the following name:
Windows 10 Enterprise Version 1909 is available in the following languages:
- Chinese (Simplified and Traditional)
- English (US and British)
- Portuguese (Brazil)
Microsoft also gives the permanent download link to the ISO on the same page. Unlike the consumer Windows 10 download link, this link does not expire.
Download Windows 10 Enterprise Using Media Creation Tool
You can also download Windows 10 Enterprise ISO using the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool. Here are the steps involved:
- Download Windows 10 Media Creation Tool
- Open Command Prompt and go to the folder where the media creation tool is downloaded. For example, if it is downloaded in the default Downloads folder, I would do like this:
- Run the following command:
MediaCreationTool1909.exe /Eula Accept /Retail /MediaArch x64 /MediaLangCode en-US /MediaEdition Enterprise
You can change the en-US code to any other language code which you want to download.
- If it asks for a product key, you can use any KMS keys mentioned on this Microsoft page.
- Rest of the process of creating an bootable media or simply downloading the ISO is the same as mentioned above.
What is the difference between Version 1909 Enterprise and LTSC Enterprise?
Windows 10 Enterprise Version 1909 (Current Branch channel)
This channel is designed for those who want to get all the latest Windows features as soon as they are available in the stable build. If you have CB installed, all Windows feature updates will be available for download and installation as soon as they are available on Windows Update.
Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019
The LTSC branch is for those systems which do not need regular updating. It is also suitable for older PCs and servers which do not have a lot of computing resources. Since LTSC does not include a lot of universal apps by default, it is lighter on resources and less featureful.
If you want to check which version and branch of Windows 10 enterprise you’re running, you can open PowerShell and run the following command:
get-computerinfo | fl WindowsProductName, OsVersion
You can go through this article for checking out the new features included in Windows 10.
For what purpose will you use Windows 10 Enterprise? In your opinion, which essential features are present in the enterprise edition and not available in Windows 10 Pro?
Interesting Reads Next:
- Download Windows 10 Version 1903 Enterprise Edition Now
- Download Windows 10 November 2019 Update (Version 1909) ISO Images [All Languages]
- Microsoft Visual Studio All Versions ISO Download