The Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 offline installer is available for downloading and installing in your computer. .NET Framework 4.5.2 is the latest update to .NET Framework 4, .NET Framework 4.5 and .NET Framework 4.5.1. This version of the framework will run side by side with .NET Framework 3.5 or earlier version but will upgrade the versions 4, 4.5 and 4.5.1 if any of these is installed in your computer.
So if you have requirements of using a specific framework, you should be careful in installing this update. The updates to .NET Framework 4.5.2 mostly include features for developers.
New features and enhancements to .NET Framework 4.5.2
Some of the features of .NET Framework 4.5.2 include the following:
New APIs for ASP.NET apps
- New HostingEnvironment.QueueBackgroundWorkItem method that lets you schedule small background work items. ASP.NET tracks these items and prevents IIS from abruptly terminating the worker process until all background work items have completed. These will enable ASP.NET applications to reliably schedule Async work items.
- New HttpResponse.AddOnSendingHeaders and HttpResponseBase.AddOnSendingHeaders methods are more reliable and efficient than HttpApplication.PreSendRequestContent and HttpApplication.PreSendRequestHeaders. These APIs let you inspect and modify response headers and status codes as the HTTP response is being flushed to the client application. These reliability improvements minimize deadlocks and crashes between IIS and ASP.NET.
- New HttpResponse.HeadersWritten and HttpResponseBase.HeadersWritten properties that return Boolean values to indicate whether the response headers have been written. You can use these properties to make sure that calls to APIs such as HttpResponse.StatusCode succeeds. This enables shared hosting scenarios for ASP.NET applications.
Resizing in Windows Forms controls
High DPI Improvements is an opt-in feature toenable resizing according to the system DPI settings for several glyphs or icons for the following Windows Forms controls: DataGridView, ComboBox,
ToolStripComboBox, ToolStripMenuItem and Cursor. Here are examples of before and after views once this change is opted into.
The following new unmanaged profiling APIs provide more robust profiling:
The following new unmanaged debugging APIs provide better integration with a profiler. You can now access metadata inserted by the profiler as well as local variables and code produced by compiler ReJIT requests when dump debugging.
If you want to go through all the features of .NET Framework 4.5.2, you should visit Microsoft’s What’s new in .NET Framework 4.5, 4.5.1 and 4.5.2 page.
Download .NET Framework 4.5.2 offline and web installers
There are two types of installers available. One is the web installer and one is the offline installer. Normally if you have a high speed Internet connection, you should go with the web installer as it will always download the latest updated components from Microsoft’s site. The offline installer should be used where either the Internet speed is slow or you want to install .NET Framework 4.5.2 on multiple computers without consuming the Internet bandwidth.
.NET Framework 4.5.2 offline installer direct download link (English) (for both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows)
Supported Operating Systems include the following:
Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Vista Service Pack 2
Must Read Articles:
- Download Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 Offline Installer
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 Offline Installer
- Download Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1 Offline Installer
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.1 Offline Installer [All Languages]
- Download Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6 Offline Installer + Language Packs