Rise of Nations is one of the best Microsoft strategy game from the early 2000. It simulates the human history where players have to build economy and military and expand their territories to be the leader of the world. Today its very difficult to buy a legal copy of Rise of Nations. But fortunately, Steam has published Rise of Nations from where you can download and play the game. It’s a multi-player game which can be played on a local network as well as on the Internet.
I still play Rise of Nations. One problem that I encountered when I upgraded to Windows 10 was that the screen would start flickering after starting the game and introduction videos. After searching the Internet and doing different experiments, I finally fixed the problem.
I am documenting the solution here so that the users who are still in love with Rise of Nations can play it on Windows 10 without any problem.
- Open the following file:
C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Games\Rise of Nations\rise2.ini
- Change the line VSync=1 to VSync=0. This should eliminate the screen flickering. If you are still encountering flickering, go to step 3.
- Change the line ForceAGPVBs=0 to ForceAGPVBs=1
That’s it. Hopefully this will get rid of the flickering problem in Rise of Nations game. If ever you mess up with your rise2.ini file, here’s the default file with the above changes.
Interesting Reads Next:
- 2 Ways To Download Files In Windows Server 2012 With HardAdmin Enabled
- 3 Ways To Change Screen Resolution In Windows 10
- 3 Must Have Tools To Fix Most Windows Problems Without Help Of A Techie
- Fix: Unable To Download Any EXE File In Windows 10
- 4 Best Free HandBrake Alternatives For Video Format Conversion