Group Policy Editor is a built-in tool in Windows which gives you privileges to enable or disable various features and components of Windows according to your need. It is the kind of management console for all users. Group Policy is usually used by System Administrators and Tech Geeks to make changes and restrictions in the Windows environment.
As it is a management console, and there are a number of objects in the console to manage. Sometimes you need to find a specific entry, but do not know the exact location of that object in the Group Policy window. To overcome this issue, here are a few tools which can easily find a specific entry in the Group Policy Editor window for you, then you can make changes in it as required.
Let’s have a look at these tools and how they can work to provide you assistance for your concern.
GPSearch is a free web-based service that makes you able to search any of your required objects of a Group Policy Editor window easily. And it will give you detailed result against the Policy name. It shows you Category Path, in which that the Policy is Supported, registry key of that object, the value of that object and all the related information of the policy in detail in a separate section will be displayed to you in just a couple of seconds.
When you get the location of your required Policy Object, then you may go to the Group Policy Editor window and enable or disable it easily. For me the biggest feature of GPSearch is the group policy to registry mapping feature. You can easily check which group policy will change which exact Registry key.
Features of GPSearch
- It also gives you extra information other than path of the Group Policy Object
- It shows yo registry key value also
- The search speed is quick and fast.
NIT-GPOSearch is a free tool that easily searches any of your required Group Policy Object and locates it in the Group Policy Editor console quickly so you can easily move at that location and change its status according to your need and requirement.
It can be run on Windows Servers and Desktops. Windows 7 and later versions of Windows are supported by this tool. You can search one object at the single time, the multi-search feature is supported on this tool.
Features of NIT-GPOSearch
- It has culture detection feature
- Fast in searching.
- It also displays the registry key value of that particular GP Object.
- Its interface is simple and user-friendly
You may use any of above way to find an object in the Group Policy Editor console as it is very convenient to get the exact location of any specific object out of many objects. I have tested both tools, and they give me the perfect result on my computer. If you face any issue while using these tools, comment below for help.
- Easily Install Group Policy Editor (GPEdit.msc) In Windows 10 Home Edition
- Best Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) Alternative for Windows
- How to Enable Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) In Windows 10 Home Edition
- 3 Ways To Delete Search History In File Explorer in Windows 10
- 2 Ways to Disable All the Settings of Windows 10 Taskbar