An itechtics user asks; “My Internet connection is pretty unreliable and disconnects frequently. When I want to download any large file from the Internet, I have to restart the download again and again. To get rid of this, I have installed DownThemAll. It is good for most downloads but the problem comes again when I try to download a file which doesn’t have resume capabilities. Is there any magical way to download files easily without breaking in the middle?”
And my answer is yes ofcourse there is a way. We can convert http based direct download links into Torrents for easier downloading. Torrent files have the capability of pause and resume without breaking in between.
Burnbit – A free tool to convert download links into torrents
Burnbit is a free online service which lets you “burn” your direct download links into torrent files. The meaning of burning the download link that the file is uploaded to the torrent servers first and then the user can use his or her torrent client to download the file from the torrent servers. Let’s go through the process step by step.
- Copy the direct download link of the file you want to download through torrent client.
- Open Burnbit.com and paste the URL in the field.
- Click on the Burn button.
- This will take a few moments depending upon the size of file to be converted and the speed of the server on which the file is hosted. After that the page will refresh and you will get the .torrent file which can be started using a Bittorrent client.
That’s it. Once the file is turned into a torrent, you can use it anywhere. I find Burnbit service very effective and easy to use. The only issue I find here is that the user has to use the direct download links for any file to turn it into a torrent. If you don’t have the direct download link then it will not be converted.
Visit Burnbit @ www.burnbit.com
- Internet Explorer Direct Download Links (IE6, IE7, IE8, IE9, IE10, IE11)
- .NET Framework All Versions Offline Installers Direct Download Links
- 2 Ways To Download Files In Windows Server 2012 With HardAdmin Enabled
- Tips To Make Internet Download Manager Working Better
- Download Remote Server Administrator Tools (RSAT) For Windows All Versions