Microsoft has released cumulative update KB4040724 for Windows 10 version 1703 which is the Creators update, on 25th September 2017. This update has both security and non-security updates as it is a cumulative update. This is the second update in the month of September. The first update was KB4038788.
Microsoft has released the second cumulative update within the same month because the first update was having some flaws and issues that users were facing. To put patches on all the issues faced in update KB4038788, install this update.
You may have all direct download links to the offline installers of this update at the end of the article. The links are provided by Microsoft officially and are safe to download. You can get the update via downloading it from below links or via Windows Update automatically. I am adding both ways to get this latest update on your system.
Changelog of Cumulative Update KB4040724
This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. The changes are discussed below.
- Reliability improvements and fixes for cellular connectivity have been added in this update.
- The issue was occurring in Microsoft Edge where on the first launch after installing KB4038788, or periodically afterwards, users may see performance issues or unresponsiveness until the next launch of the browser, this has been fixed now.
- Installing KB4034674 update may change Czech and Arabic languages to English for Microsoft Edge and other applications.
Microsoft has worked on this issue and will offer an update in an upcoming release.
Get the update via Windows Update
- Press the “Windows Key+I” and go to Update and Security.
- Then click on Windows Update from the left-hand side of the window. In the right-hand menu, you will see a button for check Updates. Click on it.
- If an update is present it will show you and ask you to download. Then the installation will start downloading.
- Restart your System to apply all the changes.
KB4040724 Direct Download Links
If you do not want to get the update automatically, then download the update from here, and install it on your system even if you are not connected to the internet.
Update your Windows and have a better and updated performance of your Windows by installing this update.
Must Read Articles:
- Download KB4103714 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1709 May 2018
- Download KB4043961 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1709 October 2017
- Download Cumulative Update KB4038801 For Windows 10 Version 1607 September 2017
- Download KB4103722 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1703 May 2018
- Download KB4103720 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1607 May 2018