Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1 is available for downloading and installation for free. If you are a student studying Cisco networking equipment, then Cisco Packet Tracer is just for you.
Update: Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1.1 has been released. You may download it now.
Cisco Packet Tracer is developed by the Cisco team for the CCNA and CCNP students for their practice related to routing, switching, networking, and Internet of Things. Cisco Packet Tracer provides you a visualization of what you are doing while networking. You can see the result of your configuration skills on Desktop or Mobile Devices. Basically, it is a simulation tool that can be used to simulate networking and routing problems. Students can make assignments and small projects with it.
In the latest version of Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1, bugs are fixed and quality improvements have been made. Not many new features are added because developers have designed it as a maintenance release of Packet Trace 6.3 and 7.0.
This tool is a freeware and can help a lot for those who can’t pay such high expenditures to practice because Cisco training is very expensive and everyone cannot afford it.
Let’s have its features review and then you can download its offline installer to complete the installation without connecting to the internet.
Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1 Features Review
- It allows more flexibility for rack and stack.
- You can add-a-rack and add-a-table with Packet Tracer 7.1.
- You can make an optional association between logical clusters and physical clusters of devices.
- It allows you to install, uninstall, and stop the programming tab.
- Import and export projects as the .pkp format.
- Activity Sequencer enhancements have been made.
- Support for MQTT protocol is added.
Bugfixes in Packet Tracer 7.1
- A crash occurred when running “show ip ospf interface" command, this is fixed now.
- A crash occurred when moving from physical to config menu of the 2901 ISR router. This has resolved now.
- A crash occurred when entering the “service password-encryption" command on the ISR 829 router, this is fixed.
- An issue has been fixed where Packet Tracer was not remembering Netacad credentials and login is required at each application load.
- A Home-VoIP-PT device was not able to save server address, this issue has resolved.
Get Started with Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1
- Download Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1 from below link.
- Run the installer and proceed with on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- Firstly, you will ask to log in into Cisco Packet Tracer. If you don’t have an account, log in as a guest.
- The main window of the tool will look like this.
- You can access all its tools from the top bar, left-hand bar, and bottom bar.
Intel Pentium 4, 3.0 GHz or better is required. It needs at least 1GB Hard Disk, 500 MB RAM, sound card, and speakers.
Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1 Download Links
Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1 for Windows 32-bit (120.9 MiB, 235 hits)
Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1 for Windows 64-bit (128.6 MiB, 350 hits)
Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1 for Linux 64-bit (151.4 MiB, 223 hits)
Download Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1 from the offline installer link as it is a standalone installer, you do not need any internet connection for its installation. You can continue practicing of your work about networking with it.
Must Read Articles:
- Download Cisco Packer Tracer 7.0 Free (Direct Download Links)
- Download Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1.1 Free (Direct Download Links)
- Download Cisco Packer Tracer 6.3 Free (Direct Download Link)
- Download Cisco Packet Tracer 6.2 Free (Direct Download Link)
- Download Google Chrome 60 Offline Installer for All Operating Systems