Adobe Flash Player is a rich Internet application runtime which delivers engaging user experience and stunning graphics, video, and audio which is not possible without this technology. Flash is old technology. There are newer technologies like HTML5 which are replacing Flash slowly.
So why do I need Adobe Flash Player in my laptop or computer?
It is important to know about the need of Adobe Flash Player on your system. If you frequently visit websites which host Flash content and you are not using Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge, then you should install Flash Player and update it frequently. Chrome comes pre-installed with Flash plugin. Although Flash Player also comes pre-installed with Google Chrome it is disabled by default. You can enable it from Chrome Settings.
If you have Windows 10, Microsoft already packages Flash Player along with Microsoft Edge. It is disabled by default and you can enable it on a per-site basis or permanently. Microsoft releases Flash Player updates through Windows Update. But you can use Flash on other browsers which do not include the plugin by default like Firefox.
So why can’t I download the Flash Player on Chrome?
Chrome already comes pre-installed with its own version of Flash Player but if you want to update it or use the beta version of the plugin, then you can download and install the PPAPI plugin (download links in the download section).
Check Flash Player version installed in the browser
Let’s first check which version of Flash Player is installed on your computer. If you have the standalone copy of Flash Player installed on your system then you can see the installed version from Apps and Features list. But if you have only installed it for a specific browser then follow the instructions below the check which version of Flash Player is installed with the browser.
- Go to this page.
- Press the Check Now button
- The page will list down your system information including your Operating System name, the browser name and Flash Player version installed in that browser.
This page will also detect if Flash Player is enabled or disabled.
Adobe Flash Player Download
So where is the best place to download Adobe Flash player offline installers? We give you directions for downloading both the latest Flash Player and the beta version as well.
Please note that Adobe Flash is not the same as Flash Player. Adobe Flash is a software which is used to create the animated content and Flash player is used to run the code. This is same as Visual C++ redistributables and Java runtime environment.
The following links will let you download the full offline installer of the software. You can do a new installation as well as update Flash Player if it is already installed on your system. It is necessary to keep your Flash runtime up to date as Adobe frequently fixes bugs and brings new enhancements with each new release.
Once installed, Adobe Flash Update will keep on checking for new versions automatically and will notify you if an update is available.
Latest Flash Player Stable
To download the latest version of Flash Player, follow the steps below:
- Go to this download page.
- Step 1: From the dropdown menu, select the Operating for which you want to download the software. The supported Operating Systems include Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP, macOS, and Linux.
- Step 2: The second dropdown will become active where you can select the Flash Player version for your browser.
- Once selected the option in step 2, press the Download button and the download process will start immediately.
Please note that for Chromium-based browser, you will need to download PPAPI plugin and for Firefox-based browser, you will need to download NPAPI plugin.
Flash Player Beta version
If you want to install the beta version of Flash Player for testing, you can download Flash Player beta full setup installers from here. The following downloads are available:
- Flash Player for Internet Explorer – ActiveX
- Flash Player for Firefox and Netscape Plug-In compatible applications – NPAPI (And Safari in case of Adobe Flash Player for Mac)
- Flash Player for Opera and Chromium-based applications – PPAPI (Adobe Flash Player Chrome)
- Flash Player standalone installer for Windows 32-bit +64-bit and macOS 32-bit + 64-bit
If you encounter any issues, you may tell us in the comments below. Also, share your experiences with Flash Player.
- Google Releases Chrome 81 With 32 Security Fixes and Mixed Content Upgrades - April 8, 2020
- Download and Install KB4554364 Windows 10 Cumulative Update to Fix Internet Connectivity Issues - March 31, 2020
- Download and Install KB4541335 Windows 10 Cumulative Update For March 2020 [Version 1909, 1903] - March 25, 2020