Java 8 Update 171 has been released and is ready for download and installation. In this article, we will discuss about the new features and enhancements of Java 8 Updated 171 and offer direct download links to full offline installers which can be used for installing Java without an Internet connection.
Let’s first go through the changes which have been made in this update. After that, we’ll discuss about how to check the installed version of Java and how to update it if it’s already installed in the system. Lastly we’ll give the direct download links to Java 8 Update 171 offline installers.
What’s new in Java 8 Update 171?
Oracle recommends that everyone should upgrade to Java 8 Update 171 if you have installed Java 8 or you can also download and install Java 10 which is the latest version of Java.
The change log of update 171 contains a lot of bug fixes. A total of 32 bugs have been fixed. Most of the bugs are related to development or security. You can go through the bug list here.
The Java version automatically expires when Oracle releases a new version. But if your system is offline and Java can’t check for updates, then it will automatically expire Java 8 Update 171 on 17th August 2018.
If you still don’t update, nothing will happen. You will only get warnings from Java that this version has expired and needs to be updated. All your applications which use Java will have not effect and will keep on running.
Check installed version of Java
Check for update using Java Control Panel app
If your Java version isn’t the latest one, you can upgrade it directly from the Java Control Panel. If an update is present it will start installing, if not, then pop up a message will appear that your Java version is already up to date.
Open Control Panel (Run –> control) and go to Java.
Now go to Update tab and click on “Update Now”.
If any new update is available, the installer will start downloading the update, it will take 1-2 minutes to complete the downloading and installing the Java update.
After installation completes, a confirmation window will say that your download is successful.
- Open Control Panel (Run –> control) and go to Java.
Java 8 Update 171 JRE Direct Download Links
Download Java 8 Update 171 JDK
- Go to this URL.
- Select Accept License Agreement.
- Click on the right download link (according to your Operating System). This will start the download process.
The following downloads are available:
- Java 8 Update 171 JDK for Windows 64-bit [208 MB]
- Java 8 Update 171 JDK for Windows 32-bit [199 MB]
- Java 8 Update 171 JDK for Linux RPM 64-bit [170 MB]
- Java 8 Update 171 JDK for Linux RPM 32-bit [167 MB]
- Java 8 Update 171 JDK for Linux TAR 64-bit [182 MB]
- Java 8 Update 171 JDK for Linux TAR 32-bit [185 MB]
- Java 8 Update 171 JDK for MacOS DMG 64-bit [248 MB]