Cisco has released a new version of their network simulator Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1.1. It is available for download on official Cisco Academy. For your ease, we will provide direct download links to Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1.1 offline installer in this article.
Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1.1 has been made available for Windows 32-bit and 64-bit versions while for Linux only 64-bit version of the software is available. And that too only compatible with Debian based Linux.
Let’s go through the features of Packet Tracer 7+ and then talk about installing and downloading the software for Windows and Linux.
What’s new in Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1.1
The latest Packet Tracer 7.1.1 is a maintenance release which fixes various bugs which were identified in version 7 and 7.1. No new features seem to be added to this version of Packet Tracer. Some of the bugfixes include the following:
- Packet Tracer 7.1 crashes when reloading devices. This bug has been fixed and will not be an issue when you upgrade CPT to 7.1.1.
- PKT file which was created in Packet Tracer 6.2 does not work properly in v7.1. For this, you will need to disable Enable cable length effects feature from Preferences.
Getting started with Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1.1
- Download Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1.1 from the links given below.
- Run the installer and go ahead with on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
You will be asked to log into your Cisco Networking Academy account. If you don’t have an account, you can also log in as a guest.
The main window of the tool will look like this.
You can access all its tools from the top bar, left-hand bar, and bottom bar.
- Microsoft Windows (7 / 8.1 / 10) or Linux Ubuntu (14.04 64-bits)
- At least Pentium 4 (2.5 GHz)
- A minimum of 2GB RAM (4GB recommended)
- 700 MB of storage space
- A minimum screen resolution of 1024 x 768
Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1.1 Direct Download Links
Download Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1.1 for Windows 32-bit (121.3 MiB, 145 hits)
Download Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1.1 for Windows 64-bit (128.9 MiB, 228 hits)
Download Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1.1 for Linux 64-bit (151.7 MiB, 118 hits)
If you have 32-bit Linux installation, you may want to download Cisco Packet Tracer 7.0 instead of 7.1.1.
Must Read Articles:
- Download Cisco Packer Tracer 7.0 Free (Direct Download Links)
- Download Cisco Packet Tracer 6.2 Free (Direct Download Link)
- Download Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1 Free (Direct Download Links)
- Download Cisco Packer Tracer 6.3 Free (Direct Download Link)
- Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client 4.5 Direct Download Links